Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring has Sprung, where's the bastard (file)

  Spring has finally arrived in Hamilton, Ontario.  The sun was hot enough today and the snow is mostly, mostly gone enough that I started into the warm weather rituals.

  Ritual one: picking the dozens of pieces of plastic crap and coffee cups that have blown into the rose bushes over the course of the winter.  I dread re-cycling pickup day, if it is windy, our yard, roses and fence collects lots of bits of flying paper and plastic.  Shouldn't blue boxes have lids???

  Another ritual for the warm weather is to ride my bicycle, which I did for an hour today.
Scott Sub 10
   It is great to have a new bike upon which everything works properly.  I feel the same way about toys as I do about tools. 

  Another ritual:
   -Cleaning up the gardening tools, some of them were put away with crud on them and so there is rust and crud to be removed.  As well as cleaning, spades, hoes and mower blades need to be sharpened. To sharpen digging tools nothing works better than the Bastard in the title. The Bastard file is too course for sharpening anything in my shop but it is just the ticket for out door tools. 

think spring

     Get outside and clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment