Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Truing a Square

A couple of blogs ago I talked about squares.  I thought it would be a good idea to remind folks: check your squares occasionally, that may have taken a hit and been knocked  out of square.  On November 24th 2011 I wrote about the failure of an old friend: this was a square that had been knocked out of true.


:   

     I was able to save that square from being cut up for scrap but following the advice from newwoodworker.com.  There is an entry on how to check and repair your square.
  
Empire E2992 Rafter Square Aluminum High Visibility Blue 7-inch
empire rafter square
    This is another approach to the large square question, study but with shorter sides than the traditional carpenter`s square.  A square like this could be used to make squares, like our friend at woodgears.ca has done.  One of these days I am going to copy his example, but because it feels good to work with tools you have made yourself.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment