Friday, March 22, 2013

Two Plyers, or 2 Pliers

   My shop is filled with fiddly  little tools, knives, tape measures, square and plyers.

        These two sets of plyers have been designed and developed over the years to do specialized tasks and I have no doubt that they are perfect for those tasks.  In fact I have occasionally used for what they were designed, but ususally I use them for:
Slip Joint pliers are used by me to take tops off of glue bottles and anything else that is slightly stuck and doesn't provide a good grip for my hands.  I expect that I use my slip joint plyers  99% of the time to deal with sticky tops and only occasionally for hold on to large plumbing related fasteners.

Channel Lock Nippers  are used in my shop for pulling nails.  If I can get a little bit of a grip on a nail or brad I just roll the plyers backward and slowly pull the nail out.  Again, there is a tool designed just for pulling nails, but these are great for persuading a nail to leave a board, and if I can't get the nail to move, these plyers cut it off clean and neat.  I like it when a tool is versatile. 


1 comment:

  1. I really loved the updates!!

    Serious lover of your blog, a considerable number of your blog posts have really helped me out. Looking towards updates!

    ReplyDelete