The table turned out not bad. One of the legs was drilled a bit out of line and it is visible if you look closely. When I drilled the holes through the top I was focused on not breaking through and blowing out the sides of the hole. Another time I would focus just as much on alignment. I though I would wiggle the legs into alignment if needed, didn't work. The wedge filling the split worked very well, so this time two out of three, next time perfect.
Before I put the table on our hardwood floor I glued felt footies on the bottom of each leg. Next time you are in a $ store buy a bunch of felt feet, they will save your floor in the long run.
While the table was being finished I avoided saw dust creation in the shop. A while back I made a blade cover for my Mora push knife. While the shop was a 'no dust' zone I did a bit of wood burning.
I made the blade guard from stud lumber and the slot fit closely enough that the rubber band isn't absolutely necessary, right now.
This is a pattern with no meaning, it is just a pattern. I burned the shape with a blade style tip and then filled the space with dots. Spruce is not a good wood for burning, the grain doesn't burn uniformly, so it is difficult to get a smooth straight line.
WAL is WAL Speciality Woodworking, that's me. I burned the letters then filled the space with dots and red ink. The effect is textured and colourful . This tool is high quality and deserved a proper blade guard from the start. I actually bought the tool in Sweden on a trip there four or five years ago.
The last week or two have been pretty active and I seem to have over done it...again. My back is a bit sore and so I won't be taking on a big job like the table again for a while. Making the table involved a couple of hours of serious hunched over grinding to get the top side flat, and one full afternoon at the lathe. Hunched over work is the worst kind for my back it seems. I have to ration that sort of work very very sparingly.