Thursday, December 17, 2015

Quick Last Minute Christmas Ornament

Jig Saw Star
This video attracted my attention when I saw how cleverly pocket83 over came his lack of a scroll saw. By making this jig for a jig saw you can control your blade and do finer work than is typically the case.

This is nearly a home made Rockwell Blade Runner, with the advantage of taking your jig saw from its mountings and using it free hand. 

While I was checking out the Jig Saw Star video I turned up one for a Jig Saw Vice Attachment , a more heavy duty set up to utilize your jig saw.  With the correct jigs and patience a small shop mightn't need to tie up space with large tools.

  I am still working on puzzles and have a hippopotamus to repair before Christmas. So, it is time to make saw dust, not electrons.

cheers, ianw


No comments:

Post a Comment