Sunday, February 1, 2015

February and Back To Work


  I finished off January in the sunny south, my wife, Mother and I spent a week at a very nice resort, the Melia Cayo Coco.  It is all inclusive, beach front and no kids.  Instead of breathing in sawdust I breathed the salt air and walked along the beach. 


  Those are three of the three different sponges that I picked up on the beach while I was relaxing and wandering.

  

And just to prove that I was thinking of you woodworking folks back in the great white north, eh! Here is a photo of a palapa, (beach umbrella) made from wood and covered with local fronds. Wood stands up better to the high winds and even if it gets blown down, can be rebuilt. 

  I am getting back to work in the shop too. I have a large cutting board that just came out of its clamps and needs some sanding and I am planning to make a pair of 'bench top saw horses'.



  A couple of horses like this will come in useful on my work table. Needless to say, my horses will be painted a bright colour so they don't blend into the back ground.

  The last thing of note, Leamington Home Hardware had their annual Tool Expo this weekend. As always it was well attended and there was neat stuff to see. Good job guys.

 cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment