Friday, January 16, 2015

Slot Wall Tool Holders

  I know that I said I wasn't going to obsess about about organizing as one of my New Year's Resolutions.  However, since it is cold and windy outside my attention has turned to the inside of our house and the woodworking shop.  For the coming week I am away on holiday but hope to return with recharged batteries and high ambitions, and the ambitions sure as heck aren't going to be played out in the unheated garage or in the snow covered yard.

  One place that is going to get attention is our laundry room.

 

  Those shelves went up in April 2013 and are now filled to bursting.  It is time to cull and manage that space.

 Another area that can always use attention is my workshop. To that end I have a video to share that features a tool cabinet and a very good, and flexible storage method.



  A slot wall is very similar to a 'french cleat' type hanging system but by using aluminium strapping it can take up less space.  The cabinet design isn't really new, but I do like aluminium clips that he designed. 

cheers, 
ianw

* chaos is not a theory, it is the reality of my life.

1 comment: