Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year


  Happy New Year everyone, I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas holiday with family and friends, I certainly did.

 I stopped making New Year's Resolutions years ago, I guess that year my resolution was to be honest with myself.  It would be nice to loss some weight, nicer to get my sugar under control more and especially nice to have lots of time to work/play in my shop.  This year I will try to keep things cleaner and try and make more and different things.  I also plan to deliver extra tools to the ReStore so that they can find a wood worker that needs them 
All Cube Chessmen awaiting sanding and stain.
  This afternoon after watching the Rose Parade I went down stairs and began work on a quickie project based on an idea from Woodworking for Mere Mortals. A while ago I bought a clear out bag of pre-cut hardwood blocks.  I didn't know what I would use them for but I knew that the time would come.  The set of chessmen in the photo are made from 3/4 and 1 inch hardwood blocks. I glued the pieces today and tomorrow I will give the a quick sand and the stain one half of the blocks dark. ( I have some very dark walnut stain that I'll leave the blocks to soak in for a while.



  I saw this video today while catching up on various posts from various wood working sites.  Over the last few days we have had family with kids and cats filling the house up and taking me away from my computer.  I have three grand children that are the apple orchards of my eye, there is nothing on the world wide web that can compete with grand children.  I will catch up with email and video over the next few days.



  I have shown this video before.  I just admire the man's work and hope you do too.

cheers, ianw  

No comments:

Post a Comment