Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wood Burning Projects


  Last fall I took a 10 week course in wood burning from Sheilagh Mercer at the Ancaster Senior Achievement Centre.  This was a project that I did to practice techniques as the course went on.



  This tray was a gift to my step daughter.  She lived in New Zealand for two years, and loved it. I made this tray to remind her of her stint down under.



  This last project is burning on leather, who knew?


  Burning on leather does smell a bit but the result is quite striking.  If you ever wanted to do a pen and ink drawing on leather but found the ink ran everywhere, burn the design.

  We have the entire family and their cats for a few days.  My goodness do they ever fill up the house.

  Happy New Year.

 cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment