Monday, August 13, 2012

Small Squares

Small Squares



Sizes of the squares, beginning in the upper left hand corner.

a: 4 1/4in. by 3 1/2in.  45 degree parallelogram, a great tool I use often.

b: 3 3/4 in. saddle square from Lee Valley, again a tool that I bought years ago and use regularly.

c: small engineer's square 2 5/8in. by 1 13/16in.  It lives on my drill press for insuring that the table is at right angles to the drill bit.  I learned that lesson the hard way.

d: 3 1/8in. by 5in. engineer's square.  I use it to make sure that the fence on my joiner is square.  It lives with the joiner, that way it is easy to check and so I check often.

e: a pair of dovetail squares, an 8 and a 6 degree that are 4in. by 2 1/2in.  They were a gift from a good friend at this recent box was the first outing for the 8 degree square. It is a nice little tool.

f: 4in. by 2 1/2in. sliding square.  I saved this wee square from death by rust.  I found it in the basement of our old house and it was totally a rusted mess, being a sucker for the underdog I set about cleaning it up and found my effort well served.

No comments:

Post a Comment