Friday, August 17, 2012

Minwax Express Colour


After
after one coat with Express Colour



Before

unfinished
  I pretty much hate waiting for the punch line so I usually give the after photo first.  This is one of the many magazine cases that I made a year ago.  Each case is finished with a different product or combination of products and the product information is written on the bottom of the case. It is my working reference library.

   Last week Ralph Swann, the Minwax guru passed some green Minwax Express Colour along to me to try.  If you read the blog you know that I am always on the look out for a good quality, stable water based, finishing product.  

    Express Colour worked as advertised, it was easy to apply, easy to clean up and dried  quickly.  In two hours I could handle the case and over the drying time it did not seem to attract much airborne dust.  I found the grain was raised slightly but I had not treated the wood with conditioner before staining.  If I were doing a higher quality project I would use Minwax Wood conditioner first.

   This is a product that I will buy for finishing toys and crafts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment