Monday, October 31, 2011

Shop Organization

1.How to become a More Organized Wood Worker:
Thank you Chris Black

 It is fun and actually tells you the time.

3. The Rule of Ten: Every time you come into the shop or pass through the shop on the way to the beer fridge put 10 things away.
   

    Today's blog is about organization.  The first link is from a site where the writer talks about how they use their time and what it takes to get jobs done. 

   Number two is just fun. This is how I think about and tell time.  For years my Mother had a wrist watch that only had a minute hand, she used it to time cooking and the like.  If you asked her the time is was usually 1/4 past or 1/2 past or 1/4 to, but you needed to know what hour of the day.

   The rule of Ten came from something I read and is something that I have written about before.  It forces a degree of dicipline on me in the shop that is outside my basic nature, and that is a good thing. 

 There are hours of satisfaction to be had in a shop, and if one is not careful; hours of frustration too. My goal is to have more s and less f.

cheers,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment