Monday, October 24, 2011

Free Wi Fi Hot Spots - Saying Thank You

  This morning I was out running errands and delivering my Father to a Doctor's appointment when I spied a McDonald's Restaurant with "Free Wi-Fi".  Since our Grand daughter is a little bit sick and my wife has headed to Toronto to baby sit and help out I was  curious for the latest update on Clara's progress.


Clara and Opa in their PJs.

   Our family communicates via email in just about every situation so I knew if there was news, it would be a family wide email.  Seeing the "free Wi-Fi" I slipped into the restaurant and checked my mail.  I also bought a coffee and a muffin.  When ever I use a "free" service, be it internet, or bathroom or parking spot I always spend some money with the vendor that has provided the "free" service. 

  I know people that say "they are only doing it to attach business, you don't have to pay".  My feeling is that it is a service that costs the company money, and if everyone uses and nobody pays the company will drop the service.  In the business world spending money in the store or restaurant is how you say thank you.  And I was always taught to say thank you, and mean when I said it.
  

1 comment: