Friday, October 14, 2011

JessEm Precision Dowelling System

   Today I was up in London to see David at Federated Tools and talk about JessEm and their return to Canada.  If you are a tool gossip guy you know that JessEm took their superb product line to the United States a few years ago and fell victim to the recession of '08.  Lucky for wood workers in Canada JessEm is bouncing back and has come home to stay.

   I returned with their new doweling jig and plan to spend some time working with it in the next couple of weeks.  Those of you that know me know I am happily a pocket hole guy, but sometimes a project needs a hidden joinery method and so I am going to give dowels another try.  This will be my third dowel jig and we'll just have to see if I can make it work easily and accurately.


  It is certainly my expectation that the jig will be very good, JessEm is a high end tool maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment