Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A typical Shop Day

I stopped taking on big projects except for family several years ago.  I stopped for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I didn't like having my shop space filled with one project for several days or weeks and not being able to putter away on little things for lack of room.  I use my shop for repairs and recycling projects as much as for building new things.

  Typically,  today I painted a recycled plastic pail. A hint; rough up the shiny plastic to help the spray paint to stick. I will next cut out some stencils to apply a bit of design to the plastic tub and use it for a flower pot.

  Then I fixed a magnetic sketch board for the grand children.  They use the sketch board for tic-tac-toe while riding in our car.

  Lastly I finished Clara's clock and can take it to her tomorrow. 

  I was looking around for recycled workshop videos and came across this one:


  This is a work shop project that can be done by/with your Grand kids. A work shop and a craft kit should have good scissors, sharp utility knife, and a hot glue gun. And, not all shop projects have to be serious projects. If the bug was filled with plaster of Paris they could be used as paper weights or door stop.

 cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment