Monday, December 22, 2014

And Now for Something A Little Different

  Part of the reason that we have workshops is because we like to make stuff. Over the years I have made my own beer, in the closet and bottled it myself. I have done a bit of sewing, though not really successfully and I like to cook occasionally, though again I don't do it much.

 What I have done fairly seriously since I was a teenager was bake bread.  On and off for the last fifteen years I have entered my loaves in the Rockton World's Fair and usually won ribbons. This past fair I won the most points in the division with one first and three seconds for my bread.

 The Christmas season in upon and I thought I would share a very successful bread making method that requires limited tools and nearly no talent, and best of all, it makes no mess.




   I suggest you follow the instructions exactly the first time or two if you have no experience with baking bread.  However, once you get comfortable with the method and able to evaluate whether the bread is properly risen and baked you can do anything with this method and modify the recipe to your heart's content.

  Trust me on this, fresh bread goes wonderfully with the Christmas Feast.

  Have a Merry Christmas and I'll talk to you in the gap between Christmas and New Year's.

  cheers, ianw


No comments:

Post a Comment