Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Three Video TIps

  I have been wandering the Internet recently and found three things that I wanted to share with my readers.

  First a cool little video on the best way to fold up your tarp or drop cloth.

there's a better way


  This is another one of those "duh" moments in my woodworking career. 

  There's a Better Way also has a very cool, low cost clamp for edge clamping.




  It is great to have good quality clamps on hand, but there are times that you just need a couple more clamps to finish the job in good time.  These clamps would serve as supplements to your current stock of Bessey Clamps.

  A the last thing I'm sharing today is an article by one of my all time heroes of the wood shop, Chris Schwarz. You know my feelings on his level headed vision of wood working, I own lots of his books but this recent article for Popular Woodworking Magazine  really spoke to me.

  Chris Schwarz is talking about chisels, what to buy and how much to spend. I really like his advice to start with one good tool and add more only when it becomes necessary.  I love wood working tools and I have lots of them, but I had a bunch that I didn't need, some that were poor quality and others that didn't suit my hands or working method.  If I had heard and listen to advise like Mr. Schwarz's thirty years ago I would have avoided much wasted time and money.

  Christmas is counting down, I hope you are well and working.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment