Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cool New Tool

 The Rockwell Bench Jaw is a follow up to their successful JawHorse .  I have not bought a Jaw Horse because I don't have any excess floor space upon which it can sit. The Bench Jaw is a different story and one that will get my serious consideration.


Rockwell BenchJaw Hands-Free Bench Vise RK9006


  Like the JawHorse you are able to operate this tool hands free.  I don't know about you but a couple of times a month I find myself one hand short when I am trying to set something in my vise and get it level or square.

   Clamping a work piece into place so that it can be drilled or sanded can sometimes be a pain, especially if the work piece is small or an odd ball shape.  While I have a traditional carpenters vise,
I can certainly see an application for a tool like the Bench Jaw.





No comments:

Post a Comment