Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Table Saw 101 with Norm


General International 50-200R M1 10'' Tilting Arbor Table Saw
GI  50-200R
  For many woodworkers the table saw is the centre piece tool in their shop.  Commonly the table saw is the first serious tool that we buy and the one that plays apart in nearly every project that we produce.  A table saw can help you prepare stock or make finished accurate cuts. 

   Table saws come in all sizes and qualities, Norm spends two shows educating us about table saws.  The New Yankee workshop is still among the most instructive and entertaining shows from television, check out TABLE SAW 101.

 I also found a series of videos of a fellow making his own table saw.

       Homemade table saw: on youtube 

   As a by the way,  I am as impressed with the quality of cuts and ease of use of the Makita Track saw.  I have been debating with myself about whether to replace my contractors saw with a track saw.


Makita SP6000x1 6-1/2'' Plunge Cut Circular Saw and 55 inch Rail

    Seeing that video keeps that questions alive for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment