Friday, April 12, 2013

EZ Story Stick by and EZwoodshop.com

   The story stick made by Andy at ezwoodshop.com is a very cool little tool.  I got the Mini and the Large last week and immediately put the large stick to use while trimming a door.

  As you can see I have the two vertical pieces in place and now need to measure the top piece of trim.


  The stick sat perfectly on the frame and then gave me an easily copied dimension.  You can see the close up, the end of the stick is designed to make the transfer of measurement easy and accurate. 
   I while ago I carved a couple of elephants to hold computer tablets, these are prototypes and lucky for me I keep all the prototypes because they turned out to be perfect EZ Story Stick holders.

   Thanks for a good tool at a great price.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Ian, for the great review of my EZ Story Stick. I'm certainly not a big tool manufacturer, just a guy in his shop who got frustrated trying to measure things with a tape and ruler. That got me thinking about how ancient carpenters could build amazing things without using either. Now I'm convinced that the best way to measure something is to not measure it at all, but rather copy the dimension from one place to another.

    ReplyDelete