Wednesday, December 26, 2012

BIG TREES

   You can't do woodworking without wood.  Lumber has been a vital resource in Canada and the United States from our earliest settlement.  There were many, and there still are some trees who's silent witness dates back for hundreds of year.  This video Honor the Giants shows  two of minutes of still photographs of trees that have been harvested in the western United States.  The end of the video is a promotion for their company and I am not skilled enough to edit that out, and anyway, they did the work so should get to show their ad, in my opinion.

  I am not trying to start a discussion on cutting old growth forests, or any other political cause, I am just admiring the wonder of wood and the folks that worked in the forest.

   Happy Boxing Day, I hope that you all had a good Christmas, filled with family, friends and fabulous food.

    Happy Holidays from thetoolstore.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment