Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cordless Impact Drivers


Makita 18V 1/4'' Cordless Li-ion Impact Driver BTD141H Tool Only

   The impact driver is one tool that I have yet to acquire since, so far I haven't needed one.  The deck at the back of the house was built by a pro that we hired in for the job;  the framing in the basement was done by a contractor, mostly, and so I have not needed the power that an impact driver brings to the game.

   As an additional point to Andy's write up, a hammer drill moves the drill bit in and out to create the hammer effect.  An impact driver creates rotational hammering and so those two tools do two different jobs and are not really interchangeable.  The few times that I have had to drive long deck screws I have been prepared to stretch my 14.4 volt drills to their limit.  But, make no mistake, tools are not designed to work to their maximum over and over again.  When I used to sell tools I always tried to get the customer to recognise how much they were expecting of the tool and then encouraged them to buy a tool that was robust enough for the task. ( cheapest is not the best value if your time is worth anything)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment