Friday, March 1, 2019

Back in the Shop - a box!

  If you are a follower you'll have noticed that I took a month off from blogging.  Actually my wife and I took a month off from Canada. We traveled to Sweden for a break from winter and a visit with family. After Sweden we took a real break from winter and went to Portugal. In the past I have taken a camera and  computer and tried to keep up the flow of blog entries, this year I just took the month off.

  So this morning I returned to my shop to gesso some canvasses and found this forgotten work table mess.

These are great low weight clamps.
 Clamping pressure doesn't always need to be huge.

  Clearly, before leaving I was making a box. For the life of me I could remember the particular purpose for this box. Until I turned it over....


  This is a wood burned and painted panel that is not showing in the other photo.  It will be the top of this box. I did this panel  three years ago and it has wished to be useful all that time, now it will be.  The finished box will be used to store completed paintings and drawings on paper.  The cedar box will help protect the contents and enable me gather up and organize my stuff.

  While I was away I spent lots of time drinking coffee and thinking, about projects to come.  I am curious to see what will happen and what will drift away in the fog of reality.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment