Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday, and it is hot....

  Today we are having one of the hottest days of the year so far.  We waited for it and it finally came. So, today my wife and I rode our bicycles across the city to get ice cream cones. Twenty three kilometres round trip. The ice cream was good but I melted a bit on the return leg of the trip.

  I have been doing a bit of fussing with the format of the blog, nothing obvious on the screen other than a change in font, and size.  This is an ongoing process so expect to see further changes as I try to accommodate a request for an easier to read blog.

  The wood working part of the blog has bogged down a bit.  I recently got several pieces of cherry that I plan to turn on the lathe.  I also have a couple of things slowly simmering in the back of my mind.  In this sort of weather our yard takes attention from the shop as do two wheeled pursuits, motorcycle and bicycle.  We are also looking forward to day trips and family visits. Nearly all of those things take time from the shop and put strain on my back.

  In an effort of maintain balance (or at least seek balance) in my  life the time spent bent over the work bench has been reduced.  However, I will keep you in the loop when the projects are happening.  

  This afternoon while laying on the floor recovering from a hot bike ride I did found a couple of videos I want to share.  I wrote a blog called 'Plyers or Pliers' a year ago March. And here is how pliers are made.




  Recently we were in Austria, and drank some wine, and a few beer too. I think many things are now made in stainless steel barrels, but time is spent in oak barrels for favouring still.



  Enjoy the nice weather, I hope you enjoy the videos and stay tuned for a shop stool and a jewellery box.

 cheers, ianw






No comments:

Post a Comment