Monday, May 16, 2016

Back into the Shop

  Getting back into my shop after several days of cold medication and coughing fits feels good but. There are days when my shop drives me crazy because it doesn't automatically put my tools away while I am out of town. So the first thing I needed to do was put away toys and tools so I could get to work.

  I spent a while in the shop today working on a couple of small things. The dino puzzle is for Tova in Sweden. I truly don't know how many dinos I have cut out on my scroll saw. It was one of the first projects that I made when I started back into wood working fourteen years ago.  But these 5 piece puzzles are always popular with 2-3 year olds.


  The other project I am working on is another walking stick. On our last holiday I had a walking stick which really made strolling on cobble stones and up and down stairs much easier. The cane I had in Europe was not a pretty thing.  I decided it was time to make a nice, wooden cane to replace the nasty metal cane with the plastic handle.


  This cane has an elm shaft with an oak handle. I have to go and buy a rubber foot for this cane before I size the end and finish it off.
I am thinking dark stain and clear wax, the grain will shop be not too much.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment