Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Half Lap Joints on a Sliding Mitre Saw

 In my last project I talked about cutting my dados with my sliding mitre saw instead of on my table saw. I thought I would share this basic video of how to set up your mitre saw for not cutting completely through your material.

Cutting Half Lap Joints 

  While I am on the half lap theme I figured I'd include another video showing The Garage Woodworker making mitred half lap joints. He uses his table saw and router table to make his joints. The first video is a "how to" with limited tools and the second video shows "how to" with lots of tools. An FYI if you plan to do any serious joinery on your table saw you'll need a good after market mitre gauge or a home built cross cut sled.

mitred half lap joints. 

 Currently we are in the midst of a heat wave, I am sweating just sitting here typing. Once the weather breaks, in a day or two I will get a bit more ambitious. At this moment the only firm project ahead is a painting project. Wood needs paint if it is going to last well.

 cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment