Tuesday, July 28, 2015

D.I.Y Reuse Project

  I know that I am supposed to make projects in my shop from walnut or hand planed cherry. Trouble is I am cheap and I like all wood, without discrimination.  We eat lots of clementine oranges and they come in small crates made from wood.

  Recently I needed a small box in which to put bathroom vanity stuff so I grabbed a orange crate from the garage.


  With a bit of sanding and a handle this turned in a usable box. There is nothing better for making things like this handle than pine or bass wood. I shaped the handle on the band saw and then rounded the edges on my router table. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes including a quick and easy spray paint job.

box with green foam lining 
  The result of my 20 minutes work turned out okay and it is wood, not plastic. 
the box filled with bathroom jink
  cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment