Monday, May 25, 2015

Pocket Knife

 When I was 7 years old I found this jack knife in the ditch by our house.


 The handles were gone even then and for some unknown reason the knife has followed me around for 50 years. The blades are fairly good quality but they wiggle around in the handle pretty badly and so the knife gets pretty limited use.

  The other evening the knife floated to the surface of my tool box and I realized it was its 50th anniversary. It was time to put proper scales on my knife.


  I glued and clamped two thin pieces of walnut onto the knife and let it sit over night.




  I trimmed and sanded the scales smooth then put two coats of wax on the wood.

  This was not much of a wood working challenge but, I am just a bit attached to my old knife.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment