Thursday, August 8, 2013

poplar


   My local lumber guy turned me onto poplar four years ago and I have never looked back.

A three candle holder that slides in and reduces its foot print when not in use.

A box with a locking top used to hold cat treats.

     Poplar,  has become a go to wood for me.  I can get it at a good price and in a large assortment of rough cuts, both think and wide. I had a chance at a 2 x 18 by 10 foot board one time.  I just couldn't think of a good use, or how to get it home in my car. Poplar can give good colour though it has a greenish tint that can come through some  stains.
Looking for a tool box?  It will carry other things that pocket hole screws.






1 comment:

  1. Global BusinessPages is a new online Business Directory that serves as a single portal for information on local, national and international buyers and sellers.
    Global BusinessPages also offers a variety of services to subscribers including access to and/or production of catalogues, video ads, pod casts, development of websites and more.
    Global BusinessPages which has celebrated its 11th year of existence has enabled many new, small, medium and large businesses to reach more markets.

    ReplyDelete