Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kreg Klamp Table



  Over the Christmas break I did some house keeping in my shop.  You know, those non-billable hours.  A constant battle in my life is organization, I have too much stuff and not enough space, or at least too much stuff.  Not just in my shop either, you should see my desk.

  This is my latest effort to bring things somewhat under control.  I use my Klamp Table  for all sorts of things, not just face  frame work.  I love the wheels and the flat surface and the solid clamping, but was not making good use of the space underneath the table.  This holiday I made a large drawer,(from off cuts and spare parts) to hold the clamps and various stops that are used with the KREG system and then added a shelf unit from IKEA for screws and little bits.  I bought 5 of the shelf units at IKEA on clear out years ago, this is the last one to find a use in the house.  I like to make my own stuff out of wood, but when a 9 drawer unit cost $7.49 on clear out, I swallow my pride and make other use of my resources.
   
  You can also see my K3MS slid in beside the drawer unit and you can't see but I also have a couple of other jigs that I made to do KREG jobs that are not 90degree butt joints.

   The more I work in my shop the more ideas I have and things that I want to do and to learn.  That is a good thing.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment