Friday, July 29, 2011

Latest Shop Tool?

    OK, so it isn't really a shop tool, exactly.  However my shop is in the basement of our home. Regardless of the quality of the dust collection on my machines there is always a small amount of dust that escapes into the atmosphere.  There is also a small about of dust that sticks to my shoes as I work in and around the shop.

    Tracking dust up stairs in the living area of the house has been an on going problem since my shop got set up.  The division of labour and commonsense has me as the house cleaner, and Eva in change of food preparation.  The house cleaning has been a challenge, and a challenge that has defeated me for nearly three years.  Our hardwood and tile floors always look bad, between the shop dust and the cat hair it is embarrassing to have guests into our home.

   The new shop tool (  up stairs vacuum) will make a dent in the dust bunny and drifting crests of shop dust.  I love good tools and kick myself for taking so long before biting the bullet and buying a good vacuum sooner.  I spent time yesterday with the new vacuum and made good headway on the floors, really good headway.  Next task, the upstairs.

    With luck I will be able to be productive in the shop, make and sell a bunch of cutting boards to help pay for the latest tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment