Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cactus and Cake

"The environment in which a person works has a huge impact on the quality of the work produced".

   I don't remember which wise old dude said that but it is true.  We do better work when we like our job.  We also put extra effort into a project when it is for someone special.  Most of all it is nice to have encouragement from someone whose opinion we respect.  
   I have the luxury of doing my woodwork in a nearly perfect environment.  It is a hobby so I can pick and choose what I do.  My shop is just down stairs so I can work in my PJs and house coat if I choose, and my wife has opinions that I respect.
   Respect is something that a person earns.  Eva doesn't do much wood work any longer though she did build some furniture in the past.  She is a baker.

Our Grandson's birthday cake, the barrel is filled with chocolate pudding.

 And a gardener.


 Cactus growing in our rock garden behind our house.
It is worth remembering that we live in Hamilton, Ontario.  Not everyone can create a place in their garden for a perennial cactus in our climate.  Unless you are a pretty keen gardener you don't even know that it is possible.

  Someone that does cool stuff in their kitchen and their garden understands about trying to do cool things in a workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment