Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Barn Red with Hemp Oil

four of the magazine boxes.
the shelf full of boxes
   I made nine boxes in total, this last batch and plan to make at least as many again. They provide really good solid storage for my collection of idea books.
  I put two quick coats of Barn Red milk paint on the most recent box, sanded it carefully. Cleaned it well with my tack cloth (the milk paint really raises the grain) and then rubbed a very light coat of Hemp Oil onto the paint. I am very pleased with the result, I would call it a semi-gloss finish.  Easy to achieve and easy to clean up after.
  Hemp oil is a new product that at Thetoolstore.ca, part of their new line of products from Homestead House Paints.  I really like working with the Hemp oil and am even more pleased to learn that it is a made in Ontario Canada product.  The hemp oil is also become my go to finish for my cutting boards. I  strongly believe that we should encourage the domestic  economy and when ever I can find a Canadian product I will but it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment