Saturday, April 7, 2018

And We're Back

  Eva and I arrived home on Wednesday after having been away for one month in Sweden and Norway.  This spring has been a time of travel for us. Unlike our previous travels I did not write any blogs at all, it was a bit of a nice change.  
  While in Norway we saw hundreds of boats of all sorts.  I think Norway still uses boats the way we use transport trucks. There were lots of interesting wooden houses and wooden boats and I did take a few photographs but.... it was a holiday.

 So, having returned to the work shop what did I discover.


  The cool piece of wood that I bought just before leaving dried out and really cracked apart.


  I can't make a coffee table now.  I am confident that it is not fire wood, but haven't really got a firm plan in mind right now.

  What did I make in my shop. I made a push stick.


  I used Jimmy  Diresta's push stick as  inspiration but as you can see mine is wood and red.


  I made this push stick to sit on my band saw table.  There are times that I am cutting something small and should be using a push stick and just opt for a handy wood scrap.  I am trying to teach my grandchildren better safety habits than the ones with which I grew up.  You can never have too many clamps or push sticks. 

  I have several projects lined up for the next while as well as  home maintenance  things too. I will get back into the swing of things over the coming week.  I may even share some Norway pictures.
  
cheers, ianw





No comments:

Post a Comment