Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Kreg Tip and an Organisational Project

Make your pocket hole jig easier to use

  I found a quick  tip for an easy up grade to your Kreg Jig on  Pinterest  Being able to see the measurements and markings on a Kreg Pocket Hole jig is helpful for poor light and older eyes.

  We are doing our back from holiday/spring/every ten year cleaning and organising. We begin in our bedroom and bathroom.  

  A while ago I made a small box to hold my various bathroom tools, it was moderately successful.


  As you can see tall things fall over and small things fall to the bottom. It was time to make some small improvements.



  Now there is a place for everything, and every thing has its place.  This box is an up-cycled mandarin  orange box.  The added bits and pieces only require a bit of soft wood and glue.  I think this is one of those up-cycle craft type of project that could encourage people with a few tools to try or....a project for a young person.  

  Since I have a band saw I cut many of the shapes with rounded corners.  If I did not have a band saw the handle could have been cut with a back saw and just rounded with a chisel or sand paper.  

  In fact I have a box that I will up-cycle with only basic hand tools just to see what I can do.



  Successful up cycling is more about ideas and paint than it is about tools.

cheers ianw




No comments:

Post a Comment