Saturday, December 2, 2017

Bunk Bed

  I worked steadily for the last couple of days on the custom sized bunk beds.  These beds are designed  to have head boards at opposite ends.  I used 2 x 4 for the legs and 1/2 inch plywood for the head board and cross pieces.

  The platforms for the mattresses are 6 ft. by 30 inches. 


  These left over pieces will be the lateral bed rails. 


  I have these pieces sanded and sealed and ready to be assembled up stairs in the guest room.  It was an awkward job that is almost too big for my small shop space. 

   To make this bunk bed I used a jig saw, a circular saw with cross cut jig, routers and router tables and just about every sander I own.  

   There will be a friendly place for the girls to sleep when they get here for Christmas.

cheers, ianw

No comments:

Post a Comment