Wednesday, November 29, 2017

What's Happening in the Shop

  We have had a couple of unusually mild days so there has been some work in the yard but Monday was a long....day in my wood shop.
  I didn't make anything, but I cleaned and vacuumed and crawled around on the floor and took machines apart and vacuumed out the insides and collected and cut up a bunch of bits and pieces for fire wood.



  This is a rare sight. My small bench cleaned up completely.  You can see the KREG clamp plates on the front of the bench and in the back ground you can see a KREG clamping plate that you use with a KKS 1140 Bench clamp. I used the bench clamp with plate much more before I got a clamping table .

  At this moment, laying on the floor and my work table are the pieces for a bunk bed that I am making before Christmas holiday.




  This will be turned into a bunk bed custom made to fit into our guest bedroom for our Swedish family at Christmas time. I never slept in a bunk bed in my life but...the grand kids love it.

  The one thing I did do that wasn't shop cleaning was re-paint Captain.  Kieran out grew all his Thomas Tank Engine toys but Captain has stayed around floating in our pond.  I have nostalgia for Captain, K and I made him in the shop.


  I'll put Captain back in the pond next spring and the frogs can sit on his deck in the sun all over again. 

   Occasionally battle must be waged and cleaning must be done.  As my wife said, all time in the shop is good time, so even cleaning is okay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment