Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Production, worth while but not exciting


  A while ago I made a project inspired by Wood Working for Mere Mortals, a quarto game.  Recently I  was asked to make two more of the travel sized games.  So that is what I am doing currently. Cutting up little pieces of one inch wood and dowel.  That is not really something to inspire a legion of followers so I found a video to share with you folks.



    I have always admired the carved gun stocks.  I suspected it required a special set of tools, which I discovered were not blindingly expensive.  What is needed is a personal disposition focused on careful and detailed work. (that can't be bought at any price.) I don't think I have the focus or attention to do checkering well, but I would love to try.  

  I am working toward Christmas gifts, mostly I am in the planning stages.  It is hard to think of Christmas looking out the window at cold, raining, dark and bleak. Anyhow, one must carry on.

Check out the video, even if you don't like guns you can admire the wood working skills.

Image result for checkered gun stock

cheers, ianw


No comments:

Post a Comment