Monday, January 11, 2016

Inspired by my Electrician. plus little things.

 On Saturday I had a fellow come in and clean up some of the D.I.Y wiring in my shop. Actually I had several dedicated circuits wired into my shop shortly after moving into this house.  What I didn't do was have enough overhead lighting wired in so for a few years I have been lighting my shop with florescent  fixtures that plugged into outlets. That lighting solution solved one problem but added two new problems.  
  The ceiling of my shop became a cobweb of electrical cords which is not really safe and each of those lights tired up an outlet or worse it created an "outlet octopus".


   Tim's good work served as an inspiration to me. I have gotten rid of all the octopuses. I have taken three power bars out of service and I still have lots of outlets.

  Today as I was rethinking the light and power situation I made a portable task light from a not so portable task light.


  I made this hat rack years ago. It stood in the corner of the garage with gardening hats and gloves hanging on it. In our new house we didn't really have a use for the rack but I never throw anything away, it seems. 


   My new lighting arrangement gives me well balanced light with everything on one switch but I still want to have a strong light that I can focus on a particular bench or tool. This 250 watt halogen light fits the bill perfectly, and I've had this for a couple of years. I even left the hat hooks on so I can hang my shop apron up.  At this point I haven't attached casters but that is in the back of my mind. 

  You can buy a work light like this:

 
*King Led Dual-Head Work light with adjustable Tripod KC-1602LED-ST
King LED work light 

  or you can use something like this to make your own


Woods 75 Watt Clamp Lamp Work Light 46706
Woods Clamp Light 

 Last Thursday I fixed my Mom's kitchen knife but forgot to show the shaved spot on my arm.


I am pretty pleased with the result of that repair job.
  
  If you have little people in your life then you know Shaun the Sheep.

                 Image result for shaun the sheep

  My grand daughter Tova Elise is a big fan of Shaun. If it isn't Shaun it can be one of his friends.




  This sheep is filled with holes so that Tova can thread yarn like this: 
 

Woody The Sheep Knitting Toy | The Junior:

 and make her wooden sheep woolly.  All you need for this project is a drill and some way to cut the shape, a coping saw or scroll saw does the job best. 

  It is most rewarding to make things for little people, I can't resist their hugs and smiles.




4 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Phone and Data Cabling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks electricistas en zaragoza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ein elektrisches Problem zu haben, ist normalerweise nie eine Zeit für eine Feier. Selbst kleinere Probleme können Anlass zu großer Sorge geben und dazu führen, dass Hausbesitzer einen Notelektriker anrufen, um die Dinge zu regeln. In einigen Fällen können Sie ohne Notdienste ohne Strom, Heizung oder Kühlung in Ihrem Haus bleiben und es kann ziemlich schnell unangenehm werden. elektriker notdienst

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! Électricien à Sherbrooke, QC

    ReplyDelete