Friday, October 24, 2014

Ponta Delgada Azores, Portugal

 For the coming week I am out of my shop and out of my country. Eva and I are in Ponta Delgada Portugal. We are taking one week's vacation on this tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, in the middle of the Gulf Stream. If you think that the gulf stream isn't important to plants, let me show you some pictures from around town.




  This is a  photo of a myrtle tree.  I have no idea how old this tree is, but the growing season here is 12 months of the year. We certainly don't see trees like this at home.


These roots belong to a Mission Fig from Australia, transplanted to Ponta Delgada Azores. Eva is that tiny colourful item on the left side of the photo. Those roots are 2-3 feet above the ground.
Cool eh?






No comments:

Post a Comment