Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bosch Portable Table Saw GTS 1031

Bosch 10” Portable Worksite Table Saw GTS1031

  If you are an old school woodworker you can't imagine a shop without a table saw. If you are an old dog you may be down sizing or if you are starting out you either can't afford the money or the space for a full sized table saw

  If you can't have a full sized table saw a contractor/portable saw is a realistic option.  The small saws have improved to the point that $500.00 gets you a tool that will take care of a small shop's needs.

 The Bosch GTS 1031 is reasonably priced, gets good reviews and folds up out of the way when not in use.  My older model Bosch contractor saw has cut thousands of feet of lumber and continues to provide yeoman service. 

 

  I keep a Freud Thin Kerf blade on my saw, keep it sharp and have found that the saw does a good job for me.  In a perfect world I would have a great big cabinet saw with a sliding table, but I don't have the space, (like you I don't live in a perfect world).

  If you are looking for a serious solution to a small shop situation give the Bosch a look.

cheers, Ian
 

No comments:

Post a Comment