Thursday, September 26, 2013

Two Small Boxes Finished




   These are two of the wee boxes wood burned and finished.  I think that I like hinged lid the best but I put more design into the inset lid box.

  For the maple leaf pattern I went to the yard and picked three different sized leaves and made templates from them.  I don't like leaf patterns that are artificially symmetric.  My taste in leaves will impact on the sales of the boxes I suspect. There certainly will be people that will not want real life leaf shapes.

24 x 12 x 12 inches

   While I am on the topic of boxes, this is one of my boxes with history and mileage.  I made this box to carry a specific object forth and back to the East Coast of Canada four summers ago.  I am not going to tell you what is in the box just yet.   Stay tuned for further announcements.

  A decent little sander for cheap. I have been using one since last spring, it is my 80 grit sander.  When I use this sander I connect it to my Fein vacuum cleaner and sand away that first rough layer of planer marks.



No comments:

Post a Comment