Thursday, October 25, 2012

CampingTip

   A while ago I did a blog on Pie Irons and had some positive feed back from my camping and Boy Scout readers, so I thought   I would share something that I found on the net a while ago.  

  With the arrival of fall, winter is shortly to follow and so this fire starting/tea brewing tip is appropriate to the season.



Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos of the hows  and whys of making this type of fire for boiling your kettle.


Swedish fire ( check out the Bush Buddy fire starter)

    I went winter camping once, long ago.  I was not properly dressed or prepared for the cold wet experience. I was miserable and couldn't wait to get home and so have never gone winter camping again.   Just like working in the shop, have the right tools and the right training, then winter camping can be fun .(I'm told)






No comments:

Post a Comment