Monday, July 23, 2012

Just a Dream

the burning of Atlanta.

   Last night I had a long and detailed dream, actually a nightmare.  I dreamt that my family and I were battling to keep fire from consuming our yard and our home.  It was a vivid dream and I can't imagine why I had it last night, fire is not a common theme in my dreams. Fortunately, I awaken before the conclusion of the dream, I have decided that the story would have had a happy ending.
  
   So,  I took the dream as a "sign".  I checked out our fire extinguisher and the fire/smoke alarms all over the house.  We've been in the house four years and I don't remember checking the alarms, they are hard wired so batteries aren't an issue but they should be checked to see that  they are working properly, the one in the shop could easily fill with dust and become inoperable. 

  I also plan to pick up a little ABC fire extinguisher for the shop when I am out next.  Safe is better than, sorry.

  As a foot note to this story,  as a young man the apartment in which I lived burned and I was left standing on the side walk in a change of clothes holding my pet cat.  It was a long time ago but a set back none-the-less.  I guess it is still active in the back of my mind.

  Do you have a plan to deal with a fire?  




No comments:

Post a Comment