Thursday, February 16, 2012

Swedish Coopers


  As you can see from the cover page of my blog I follow the blog written by the Village Carpenter, Kari Hultman very closely. She often has interesting things to share and fine work to show.  She is one of my wood working heroes. 
 
  The video link above is a typical example of why I follow her blog.  I strongly encourage you to invest the 9:04 to watch the video.  The work that is being done is very impressive, I suspect that the man in the film has years of experience, and am certain of that fact for his helper.  It is proof of want can be down with training, practice and sharp tools.

  Something that I particularly admired was the time spent finishing the bottom on the pail.  A craftsman attends to details that only another craftsman would notice or care about.
  
   I have watched a number of the films on that site.  All the crafts are interesting and some of them are extinct.


No comments:

Post a Comment