Monday, November 28, 2011

Perfect Practise makes Perfect




On the weekend I was holding down the JessEm booth at the Toronto Home Handyman and DIY (aka woodworking show) show at the international centre.  My connection to JessEm Tools is new and I hope just the beginning of something  long term.  I had the  chance to continue working with great tools and an opportunity to practise a new skill.

My new skill was the making of raised panel doors.  In the photo are the latest three.  Those doors were made during the show in the midst of   the chaos and hullabloo that goes with a big show.  

Equal parts really good teacher of the method, excellent tools and s time to practise before going to the show meant that I am confident and able to make very good doors while experiencing very little stress.


For a beginner that practise is necessary.  If you are going to make kitchen doors, start off by making some doors for your workshop first.  That way you can work out the bugs and get your method firmly established in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment