Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hands -from the Bench Crafted Blog

As I was  checking out the blogs and sites that I follow this video was linked to the Bench Craft Blog.

http://benchcrafted.blogspot.com/2011/11/hands-not-to-be-missed.html

  The series of videos would be very interesting to view, many of those hand skills are becoming extinct,  and as with all forms of extinction, man kind is diminished when something that was good becomes extinct.

  Then the question becomes....how much should the population at large pay to keep these skills from extinction?
   What is a thatcher worth in a world of asphalt  shingles?
   Christopher Schwartz believes that it falls to us as hobby crafts people to keep the skills alive, for the sake of the craft itself.
   I agree with Mr. Schwartz and am continuing to develop my skills in the belief that my grand children will grow up appreciating  Hand Made in Opa's workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment