Wednesday, February 23, 2011

www.thedesignconfidential.com

  This morning while sitting at my computer and wishing the weather was fit for motorcycling I was tipped to this site by a Facebook friend.
  
   Initially http://www.thedesignconfidential.com/ looks a little arty and not too useful, but....I found that it has woodworking plans available for free.  While the plans are not for complex projects the plans are very complete (Sketch Up) and the instructions are well written.

   Usually I don't follow the plan I buy or get from the net slavishly, but I do like to have a basic plan to start with a  cutting list.     

     I have learned that I am not a designer and so I happily defer to someone that is.  My feeling is the designer is like a play write and I am like an actor.  Not everyone can create and write a play but a play needs actors for it to realized fully.  In my shop at least, finding out what I can do and working to improve those skills has been more productive then struggling with the things I don't do well and neglecting my strengths.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment