Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Live Edge Bowl

  First a photograph showing the two tools from the last blog. The large sander is more than twice the weight of the 4 1/2 angle grinder.  However it spins slower and is not inclined to burn the wood.



   The current project is designed to feature the worm tunnels that were under the bark.  Since this round of ash is nearly three inches think I decided to make it to a bowl.


   The first thing I did was trace the shape onto a scrap piece of  plywood and screw the round onto the plywood. 


  This way I can clamp the project to the work table in the garage and use my arbortech  turbo plane tool to wear away the inside of the bowl


    This is actually the quick part of the job.  Once the bowl's insides are roughed out it will take some time to sand everything smooth.

  To finish the inside I will use every sort of sander in my shop, next post : met the sanders.

cheers, ianw







No comments:

Post a Comment