Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A Great Summer Project

 The pace of shop production has slowed as due to summer heat and holidays.  This week my grandson has been staying with us as he goes to Science Camp during the day. Last evening was out second attempt at a Pop Pop Boat.


  This is a project I remember for my days as a Cub Scout, though I don't remember my boat working.

   K and I followed the instructions from the video Monday evening but made a couple of small errors in design.  The boiler was solid but didn't make enough stream.  Last evening we made a larger boat and fired the same sized boiler with two tea lights and it worked.

  


  There is a video of it steaming about in the sink but I'm not skilled enough to get it from Facebook to here.

  The video on how to make the boat is: How to Make a Simple Pop Pop Boat.
  If you follow his instruction carefully you two can have a steam powered boat. We were very very careful with the sheet aluminium the edges are razor sharp. I also found it was easier to cut the pieces square with a utility knife using a straight edge on a cutting mat rather than scissors.

  Give it a try.
cheers, ianw 



No comments:

Post a Comment